The Alexo Rentals division (Cape Town) has a long-standing portfolio of managed residential properties spanning across the Atlantic Sea Board, City Bowl, the Southern Suburbs and parts of the Northern Suburbs.
As with the focus of our Sales division, our passion to deliver professional, honest and ethical advice to our clients is resolute.
In line with our Core Values, this is yet another way that Alexo Property Brokers is striving towards a ‘New Way’ in property transacting.
For Landlords – Our Structure of Services
- Initial visit to the property.
- Advice on the best achievable rental to maximize the return on your investment.
- Photograph property for marketing purposes.
MARKETING OF PROPERTY
- To our national and international database of clients through the internet and email.
- Online advertising through Property24.com, Gumtree and the Alexo Property Brokers’ national website.
- Comprehensive credit screening performed on all lease applicants through Tenant Profile Network (credit bureau). This report provides detailed credit information / history on tenants through TPN, Experian and ITC checks. The tenant is responsible for the cost of processing his / her lease application.
- We take exceptional care to gather all relevant personal and financial information for all prospective tenants, in order for us to conduct thorough background / reference checks.
(Provided for both Unmanaged and Managed Leases)
- To facilitate negotiations to final signing of Lease Agreement.
- Collect refundable rental deposit, which is payable into our Trust Account.
- Copy of signed Lease Agreement to both tenant and landlord.
- Inform tenant of additional charges and ensure transfer of utility accounts to tenants’ name (where applicable).
- Collect first month’s rental prior to occupation.
- Arrange initial delivery of keys to the tenant.
- Do joint inspection with tenant to record state of property at time of occupation.
- In the case of a furnished property, a comprehensive inventory must be made available by the landlord and both landlord and tenant are to sign.
- Do joint inspection with tenant to record state of property on vacating.
- Upon vacating the property, inform landlord of any repairs / maintenance so that, if applicable, deductions can be made from the tenant’s deposit, and refund the balance of tenant’s deposit in accordance with prescribed conditions.
(Managed Leases ONLY)
- Collection of the monthly rental and utility payments and the paying of the same to the landlord; to ensure that the rent is paid timeously each month.
- Carry out an inspection at the property 3 months after the commencement date, and in 6 month intervals thereafter.
- On instruction from the landlord, effect payment of services, including rates and levies.
- Statements are sent out to all landlords on a monthly basis, giving details of transactions in regard to their property / properties.
- If required, liaise on any repairs and maintenance required to restore the property to the same condition as at the time of occupation, fair wear and tear excepted.
The fees for these services are available upon request.
For further information or queries, please contact Daniel Welsh on
email@example.com, 083 274 2740, or 021 702 3203